Eating Your Way to Lower Cholesterol with Ease!
Are you trying to decrease your cholesterol without having to sacrifice the food you enjoy? Let’s face it, getting older isn’t fun, but it doesn’t have to be bland like the diet programs doctors tend to prescribe.
As we grow older, we must continue to educate ourselves in order to live well and healthy. Know the difference between LDL (lousy) and HDL (happy) cholesterol. HDL helps rid cholesterol out of your veins; LDL permits it to be stored.
Cholesterol is similar to bad oil in your engine, once you realize that it is there all you have to do is get it cleaned out. Since your body isn’t an engine, here are some easy adjustments to your diet that will clean it out. Eating Your Way to Lower Cholesterol with Ease!
1. You want to increase the Omega-3 fats in your body, these are good for you, they help to also lubricate your joints and have many health benefits. You can find these fats naturally in fish (Wild Salmon) and flax seed. You might try adding flax seed to your morning juices or shakes.
2. Sandwiches with lean meat such as turkey, lots of veggies and on wheat or pita. It is important to incorporate as many vegetables as possible in your diet. Also, trade out mayo for mustard. Mustard will help increase your metabolism, mayo will pack on the pounds. Use spices like pepper and oregano to add flavor to your dishes.
3. Avoid Trans fats! Examples of these would be processed foods containing partially hydrogenated soybean oil. Margarine and shortening.
4. Go nuts! Walnuts are the best, however almonds, macadamia nuts, cashews, and pecans are also great to consume. Nuts are high in the good kind fat that your body needs. (Make sure to use natural peanut butter, any other kind normally contain unhealthy Trans fats.)
5. Reach for fruit, jello or low fat yogurt for dessert.
6. Eat foods that are high in fiber, like whole wheat bread, oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, beans, and some cereals. You can also integrate Metamucil into your daily routine for more fiber intake.
7. Use the grill. When you grill your meats, it drips away most of the fat, leaving a much more lean and healthy portion to eat.
8. Surprisingly, salad dressings are full of Trans fats and cholesterol. Olive oil is good, and maybe add vinegar or lemon juice. Also, skip the bacon bits, croutons, and egg yolks. Try adding spices to your salad for flavoring as well.
9. Fruits and vegetables contain no cholesterol and they have lots of nutrients and antioxidants. You should integrate as much of these as possible into your daily routine.
Also, avoid fast food at all costs! They only contain processed foods, which are made of low quality grade products to make a profit. You wouldn’t buy gas from an oil recycling company that sells barely processed gasoline for your car would you? No, you wouldn’t. Because you know that it may get you around for a little while, but before long it will cause other problems within your engine and need major repairs. Same with fast food, but your body is your engine.
This is where meal prepping or purchasing pre-portioned, ready to go, heat and eat Hawaiian Fit Meals would come in handy. Enjoy Delicious Food. No Shopping! No Cooking! No Cleaning! No Counting! Simply heat, eat and enjoy! Convenient Delivery in and around Oahu, Honolulu, Waikiki. Takes the worry and time out of eating healthy. Aloha to go!
That was easy, wasn’t it? Just make some of these changes and get plenty of exercise like walking, jogging, swimming, or anything cardio. Remember to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and eliminate soda from your diet completely. You will have lower cholesterol in no time!
Hawaiian Fit Meals
Eat Well – Live Well
Excuses Don’t Burn Calories!